Monday, September 17, 2012

The most amazing thing my ears have ever heard...

...is the sound of my baby's heartbeat. I heard it today with my very own ears. I don't know which of the twinpops it was, but he or she sounded amazing! It was fast and strong, even the OB was amazed at how strong it was. I've decided that these babies are really smart and already know how hard their parents have fought to bring them into this world, and that they are two of the most wanted children that were ever conceived. They know this and are drawing strength from it. I think I'll be riding high on that sound for a while...swoosh, swoosh, swoosh... I wish my husband had been there.

The rest of the appointment was absolutely fine. I would even describe it as routine. Not routine for me, of course. For me it was mind-boggling. I even started crying as I was sitting on the exam table waiting for the doctor to come in because it suddenly hit me that after close to three years of trying and failing, I had made it. I was sitting in an OB's office waiting for a routine first prenatal exam, just like other 'normal' pregnant women do. For that moment, I was completely overwhelmed with emotions (and probably hormones).

My next appointment is in four weeks. In the meantime I have to go get blood drawn for the battery of tests that they run, decide if we want to do any of the genetic testing, and schedule an appointment for my NT scan, which can happen any time starting next week up until I'm 14 weeks. Of course, I want to get in ASAP!

This is really happening! Eek!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is the most amazing sound and it never gets old the only thing that beats it is seeing the u/s. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing! Swoosh swoosh swoosh!!! I am sooo happy for you and yoru family!

    ReplyDelete