Sunday, September 16, 2012

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

It feels like tomorrow is the first day of school. I'm going around the house, gathering up everything I need, filling out paperwork, thinking about what I'm going to wear.... Tomorrow I see a regular old OB/GYN for the first time as a 'normal' pregnant woman. I'm going to walk into a waiting room full of bumps and actually be sporting one of my own, even if it is kind of small (I'm just 10 weeks for crying out loud). I'm strangely calm about it. Not excited, not nervous, just...I don't know...guarded I guess. Story of my life these days - hi, I'm Meg and I'm guarded. Even though I've read all the books and everything, I feel like I have no idea what to expect. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up so that they can't get dashed. Did I mention that I'm guarded?

Here's a fun fact for you. My OB's office is in an old building across the street from the hospital that I plan to give birth at. The building was built in 1930 and used to be the home to Isaly's (chipped chopped ham - don't ask), which most of you probably don't know - except that they invented the Klondike Bar. What would you do for one? I think they should just hand them out to anyone who passes through the building. Or at least sell them in the lobby. I mean, there has to be a steady stream of pregnant women and kids passing through - they'd make a killing!

3 comments: