My relationship with my family is....complicated I guess you'd say. I know, aren't they all? Well, my family's a little bit like the Brady Bunch, but much less functional. I'm sort of an only child, but not really. My parents married each other after their previous marriages failed, and each had a son and a daughter from those marriages. They married each other a bit late in life, with kids ranging in age from 12 to 21. Then there was an oops. Me. So, when my mom was 39 and my dad was 50, they re-entered parenthood together with a baby girl with a head full of dark hair, one teenage daughter still living at home, and my dad's aging father living with them as well. While I have four 'brothers and sisters', they are all half-siblings to me, and were pretty much all grown up by the time I came along and therefore I basically grew up as an only child and was pretty lonely. This is reason numero uno that I have always wanted to have more than one child, and why I feel so blessed to have these two little ones playing soccer with my internal organs as I type.
This year was our turn to travel to my home state to see my family for Thanksgiving. The last time we were there was last Christmas, as this summer was full of IVF and all the joy that it brings so we didn't get to make our usual second trip home. I'd seen my parents, one of my sisters and one of my brothers since then, but that was it. Leading up to the trip all I kept hearing was how excited they were to see me and the 'babies' and how they wanted to throw me a shower at Thanksgiving, which was fine with me. I was told there would be a few silly games - like name the twins, and placing bets on the birth stats, etc. I was told how at a previous family get together there was lots of talk about the shower and talk of making all the food at dinner 'baby' themed - like baby carrots, baby bib lettuce...etc. I was told that my sister was doing decorations. I was excited. After all the hell we'd been through, I was finally going to get my baby shower and get to celebrate it with my family. I was really excited.
I should have known better. I do this all the time. I let myself get my hopes up when it comes to my family and they never cease to let me down. Why would this time have been different? You know what my shower was? It was sitting down at the table after dinner, while dessert (cheesecake and pumpkin pie) was being served, to open presents. There were two baby rattle decorations laid on the table. That was it. No games, no theme, no cake. Just an afterthought to Thanksgiving dinner. We've had more festive birthday celebrations. The gifts were great - I appreciate them, I do, we need all the help we can get. But I wanted a shower. Something special. Something that had taken a little bit of effort and planning. That, I did not get. After all that we went through to get these babies, it would have been nice to have a little thought put into the celebration for them.
On top of that, I got to have my SIL ask me how much longer I was going to fit into my jeans because they looked like they were about to burst at the seams (she literally said that to me) and that I should be wearing muumuus to be 'more comfortable', and overheard my oldest sister (the hostess) bitch about when was she going to get a shower? Also, I'm not sure I've mentioned this before on my blog, but my mother (who is now 75) is suffering from the early stages of some kind of dementia or Alzheimer's and every time I see her it's really hard on me because I see the deterioration. Plus, she forgot to wear her hearing aids, so she was really out of it that day. I can tell that my parents are genuinely excited for us and their future grandchildren, and I know that my brothers and sisters are happy for us too...they just, I don't know, they just don't show it very well. As my husband has said in the past, 'Your family cares about you, they're just not very good at it." :/
On a much happier note - I'm happy to say that our anatomy scan the week before Thanksgiving was a raging success (mostly). I say 'mostly' because Baby A didn't want to cooperate fully and they couldn't get a good look at her spine and part of her brain/skull. The upside to that is that I get to see the twins again in a week and a half to check those things and to monitor growth. I'll be going in every 4-6 weeks from here on out for growth scans, so I'll get to see a lot of them! :) So, having had the anatomy scan means we know genders! We are so blessed to be having a son and a daughter entering our lives! Since the scan I've really (finally) connected with these kids and gotten really excited about the pregnancy. I talk to them, and sing for them, and have been feeling them kick like crazy for the past couple of weeks. My husband was even able to feel some kicks about a week ago when baby boy was kicking up a storm before bed. Baby girl has an anterior placenta, so I felt baby boy first and strongest, but she's been giving it her all lately too. I guess her placenta is low lying as well, so we have to keep an eye on that - but it should move up as the pregnancy progresses. Today I'm 21w1d - just 3 weeks from viability! This is getting really real!
Sorry about the shower....I think some people just don't understand all that we have endured they just know we are pregnant. Congrats about having a boy and girl...that is truly wonderful!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm sorry your shower wasn't what you expected, hoped for, and deserved! I hope you will get a chance for another shower, either from DHs side of,the family, friends, or coworkers. How exciting to be having a boy and a girl...just perfect! So very happy for you, and happy for you to experience all the great pregnancy and mommy moments!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry the shower was kind of a bust. I hope your friends can throw you one or your husband's family because after all you have been through you deserve something special. Congrats on 21 weeks. :) And I am so glad you can feel those babes kicking away in there. Isn't it the best?
ReplyDeleteAww, I'm sorry hun. That sucks!!
ReplyDeleteWow, it's so exciting that you are moving along so well with your pregnancy!!!
街頭挑逗吊帶黑絲 ol-成人免費視訊聊天室
ReplyDeleteol黑絲挑逗-真愛旅舍app
黑絲美女-台灣色情視訊聊天
黑絲美女圖片-台灣uu聊天室視頻破解
爆紅正妹-網絡色情視頻聊天室直播
正妹牆-台灣真人裸聊視訊app
正妹空姐-免費真人裸聊qq
美女圖片一絲不掛-啪啪免費視頻在線觀看
正妹頻道-免費視頻找女人聊天
按摩全套-私密直播_美女現場直播
美女視頻交友網美女視頻直播夜秀聊真人秀天天色綜合圖片廣州同城約炮視訊錄影軟體下載
付費聊天室哪個好男人和美女親熱視頻同城情人視頻聊天成人色情動漫片pc 視訊錄影程式
同城男女交友美女視頻六房間香港午夜免費裸聊室我想愛愛網金瓶梅高清完整版用視訊錄影
國外視頻聊天交友網站美女熱舞視頻真人美女裸聊室天天社區聊天室色愛情人網msn視訊錄影
真人視頻聊天交友網站日本美女視頻台灣免費視頻裸聊室第四色成人網色姐妹網色視訊
金瓶梅視訊
ReplyDeletelive173影音視訊live秀
live173影音live秀-免費視訊
live173視訊影音live秀
173視訊聊天
173視訊
視訊交友
漾美眉視訊交友
免費視訊聊天室
影音視訊聊天室
ReplyDeleteAV女優色情圖片
Live173影音視訊Live秀
免費情色成人影片
視訊妹妹脫衣秀影片
色情電影線上直播
成人片觀看
免費色倩短片試看
春宮樂園色情自拍
免費視訊美女試看
免費視訊交友聊天室
ReplyDelete影音視訊美女聊天室
男女交友聊天網
色咪咪影片網
武則天視訊聊天室
線上免費看a片
唐人街 優質視訊甜心網
免費18美少女視訊交友
免費成人影片
成人資訊網
女人色色網