The ongoing story of our quest to become parents after an ectopic pregnancy, a damaged fallopian tube and diagnosis of MFI (due to ASA). We've done 6 medicated cycles and two fresh IVF cycles (the first of which ended in a chemical) and now an FET. How will our story end...?
Thursday, November 17, 2011
I did it!
I'm so freakin' proud of myself right now! I know it's not really that big of a deal, but I did my first injection tonight! It was totally painless - I can't even believe it! I got myself all set up and followed the written step-by-step instructions the RE's office gave me today (thank you RE's office!). Of course I managed to drop the pen on the floor once it was all ready to go. Thank goodness I had left on both needle guards, so the outermost one popped off, but the inside one stayed on - whew! Then I was standing there, belly fat pinched up in one hand, other hand holding the pen thinking 'I don't know if I can do this', holding the needle to my skin then pulling it away starting to freak out a little bit, when I realized that I had already broken the skin when touching the needle to my belly...there were two tiny little specks of red. 'Well, I didn't feel that at all', I thought, '...it can't be that bad', and I did it! Of course, I now have this little triangle of prick marks on my belly, like a little constellation of red marks, but I feel incredibly empowered by this. I'm sure it will wear off soon, but right now I feel like I could take on the world, which, when going through IF, is a rare thing to feel. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
Labels:
Follistim,
injectibles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats, that's awesome! I should take a lesson or two from you since I have a TON of injections to do. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Those Follistim injections are cake, aren't they? Gotta love that little pen! Glad that you didn't have trouble...hoping good things for you this cycle!!
ReplyDeleteYAYYY!!! Great job!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is great!! The same thing happened when I did my first lovenox injection - the needle was in and I didn't even know it. So glad it went well - take on the world, girl!
ReplyDelete