Sorry I've been so quiet recently. I've been surprisingly busy the past week or so, even though I haven't been working. That's right - things got so bad with the panic attacks and anxiety that I've taken a short break from work. I'm going to try going back next week for just two days before Thanksgiving. We'll see how it goes. The Zoloft seems to be kicking in, or maybe it's just the break from the hormones that AF brought, but I'm feeling much better this week. I've been using the time off to work on a pet project that's been purely in my head up until now, which is to open my own shop on Etsy. I've been getting supplies and starting to make items for the shop, hopefully giving me a good head start on things so that my momentum keeps going after I go back to work. I'm terribly good at procrastinating...but hopefully all of the craziness of the past couple of months is going to provide enough motivation to keep moving forward with it. I'm hoping that I can do it and bee successful since I'm looking at it as a back-up plan if the anxiety continues and I can't work as much as I used to. We're still planning on doing IVF if the current treatments don't work, so I need to keep earning money in some way or another, and since I don't get any PTO at my current job, all of this missed work is starting to hit our bank account in a not-so-good way.
So, yes, as I mentioned earlier, AF arrived (finally) on Tuesday. I was expecting her on Sunday or Monday. Of course her being late made me get my hopes up just a little bit that some kind of miracle had occurred, even though we'd been preventing, though I also really wanted her to arrive to get some relief from my PMDD, but we all know how uncooperative she is. I went in for my baseline u/s this morning, and everything looked good, so I'll do my first injection tonight! My next u/s, along with blood work is scheduled for Tuesday of next week, then we go from there. I'm kind of nervous about how this is going to play out, since we're planning on traveling Wednesday through Friday for Thanksgiving. For some reason any travel plans we have (which aren't many or often) seem to always coincide with the most fertile part of my cycle since we started treatment. It's not helping my stress levels at all. On a 'normal' cycle, I wouldn't be ovulating until Sunday, give or take a day, but I have no idea how things are going to play out on the injections. I guess I'd love to know from any of you that did Follistim what your experience was - did you O earlier or later than usual?
I am on injectables with my IUI's and sometimes I am in the doctors office 4 or 5 days a week. Definitely makes things a little hard to plan ahead.
ReplyDeleteGreat news that the zoloft is working and you are feeling better!
Curious, is Etsy the website with all the really cute crochet stuff? If so, what will you be selling on there?
I ovulated earlier than I normally do when I took the follistim with my IUI cycle. I also had a shorter luteal phase than normal as well...which I heard was normal. So, the entire cycle was much shorter than normal. The injections are really no big deal at all...but keep in mind the Follistim needs to be chilled, so you'll need a cooler or refridgerator wherever you are going for the holidays. Hope this is all you need to get your BFP!!:)
ReplyDeleteToni, Etsy is a website where anyone can set up a shop and sell handmade and vintage items. It's an incredibly cool site! I'm going to sell vintage replica clothing.
ReplyDeleteJamie, thanks for the info. A shorter cycle doesn't sound too bad - as long as I'm not ovulating over Thanksgiving! My RE's office told me I didn't have to refrigerate the Follistim once I'd opened it and used it, in fact, they told me to make sure that it's at room temperature when I do the injections or else it would sting. Now I have to research that...