Thursday, November 10, 2011

This is real, people

My Follistim and Ovidrel just arrived via Fedex. I was doing okay until I opened the Ovidrel box and saw the syringe inside. That's when it hit home. This is not a drill, this is for real. I know I'll be okay, and that the injections won't be as bad as my head would like to tell me, but I still have a healthy fear of needles.  I'm still almost a week out from starting all of this...which might not be so great as the anticipation for it will just build during that time.

On a (random) side note: Wow, this IF med stuff is NOT eco-friendly! I now have two boxes, a huge ice pack, tons of brown paper and a small styrofoam cooler that I'm not entirely sure what to do with, not to mention the sharps container, the plastic bags that each individual item is in, the bubble wrap that has 'medication enclosed' stickers all over it and the plastic pen and syringe. All this for ONE cycle. I'll recycle the boxes and paper of course, and I'm guessing the RE's office will tell me what to do with the sharps container, but what do I do with the cooler and everything else? Maybe someone on Freecycle will want the cooler...  I know it might seem silly to be thinking about all of that, but I do as much as I can to recycle and compost and all of that and it was just a bit overwhelming to see how much packaging was involved!


3 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel a bit like Christmas when you get meds in the mail?? Aside from the needle part, that is...

    I've never had much of a fear of needles, but I will say that both the Follistim pen needle and the Ovidrel needle are not bad at all! The Follistim one especially. You will be a pro at this in no time!!

    And I totally agree about the excess of packaging!! So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really had a fear of needles, but Kara is right...the Follistim and Ovidrel aren't too bad...especially the Follistim. I even said that if I wasn't watching it go in, I wouldn't have even felt it!! So excited for you to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY meds!!! I'm so excited for you!
    Oh yeah, the packaging is totally ridiculous!
    I agree with the others, the shots aren't bad at all. It must really suck being afraid of them! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete