I think the title pretty much tells you how my week has gone so far. Keep in mind that it's only Tuesday... Ugh, I say. Ugh.
I better news, today is our third wedding anniversary. We already celebrated this weekend. We were married at a beautiful 1930s Tudor-style restaurant outside the city, and so far we've gone back every year for dinner to celebrate which we did on Saturday night. This year's traditional gift theme was leather. I was bowled over when I opened my gift and found a beautiful little black leather Coach wristlet inside! I can't believe my husband had the guts to go purse shopping for me! He did an incredible job. He's bought me several pieces of jewelry over the years, including my engagement ring (which I had no input on) and hasn't missed the mark yet. I never would have bought something so nice for myself, but now I'll look forward to using it every chance that I get! Despite all this crap that we're going through currently, I truly am blessed to have this man in my life.
Oh, I should also tell you that I went to see a regular old doctor last week, you know, the good old-fashioned kind that you go see when you're sick? With all the doctors I've seen in the past two years, I haven't been to an old-fashioned doctor since...I don't know, probably about two years! Anyway, I'm getting off-point. We discussed my anxiety and panic attacks and infertility and her recommendation was to put me on a low dose of Sertraline (aka Zoloft). I checked with my RE, and she said it's up to me and my doctor to decide if the benefits outweigh the risks, which I'm starting to think they do. I did some reading, and it's not too risky from what I can see. One should try to avoid taking it during the third trimester (that seems worlds away to me - will I ever experience the third trimester???) and of course, the higher the dose, the higher the risk. It's a class C drug...so kind of middle ground. I'm on the verge of quitting/losing my job at this point...so I'm thinking I should try it. If anyone out there has any words of wisdom, please feel free to share!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am very familar with panic attacks and severe anxiety. I have suffered with both for about 15 years now and been on almost every medication available. I had a really hard time with zoloft, for some reason it gave me worse anxiety and cause more frequent panic attacks. I had to most success with prozac which I believe is in the same class as zoloft. The only thing that really helped with my panic attacks was xanax, but you absolutely cant take that while trying to get pregnant. I stayed on xanax and prozac for a while and put TTC on back burner until it was under control.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel and its pretty damn scary. After many years I learned to do little things that help keep it at bay. My heart is with you during this.
Good luck :) I hope the meds do their job and you feel better soon
My dh takes it and it has really helped his anxiety. It will make you feel a bit odd at first but stick with it a few weeks if you do try it. Once youre on it, if you stop it you do have to be weened down. Look it up online bc I thought there was some new research with pregnancy and zoloft!! Love those Regular docs!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your anxiety is getting the upper hand, I think you should do what you need to to get back to you! Keep us posted on what you decide and Happy Belated Anniversary!! (This post also reminded me that I, too, need to see my regular doc.) Thanks for the reminder. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! <3 ! I've heard of plenty of TTC and pregnant women going on anxiety meds. I was on them for the first few weeks with DD. If it is affecting you so much, it's worth thinking about.
ReplyDelete