Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Seriously???

I'm officially fed up with my body. More specifically my ovaries. I went in this morning (CD8) for my blood work and follie check and had one 16mm follie... on my right side. This is getting really old really fast. Apparently I had a few small ones on my left side as well, but I didn't get the sizes of those. My instructions are to go ahead and trigger tonight and try the timed intercourse - as the coordinator put it 'miracles do happen'. That's what you want to hear from your coordinator. So, a couple of hours ago I did my first ever trigger shot. I don't think I'm going to bother to test it out. I haven't seen two lines on a test in over a year since the miscarriage and I just don't know that I'd react very well to seeing them again. The plan for next cycle is to do Follistim again, but at double the dose (150IU) in hopes that my left ovary will get with the program. I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm thinking if we have another right-sided cycle I'm ready to move on to IVF. This is just getting ridiculous and I just don't feel like we're making any progress. Besides, our original plan had been to try medicated cycles and IUI until the new year and then move on to IVF.

On the bright side, I'm happy to report that I went back to work this week and worked two panic-attack and anxiety-free 8 hour days in a row! My ovaries may not be cooperating but at least I seem to have my life back!



5 comments:

  1. Ugh Meg, that is so frustrating! I'm so sorry that your body is rebelling against you.

    I think a double dose of Follistim is a great plan for next cycle!

    And I'm so happy that you were able to work some this week, panic-attack-free!

    Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh darn it!! Come on lefty!! I'm really sorry hun. I would be really frustrated, too. I will tell you that 2 of my TTC buddies with one good tube ovulated from the opposite (bad) side and somehow got pregnant! I will keep you in my prayers. Big hugs! And yay for less anxiety!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you a blog reward on my page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang it, I'm sorry Meg! That's incredibly frustrating but hopefully, the increased dose next cycle will kick lefty into gear if things don't work out this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh - I'm sorry Meg - how frustrating!! I'm crossing my fingers that the increased dose next cycle will work if you don't get your little miracle this month.

    ReplyDelete