The ongoing story of our quest to become parents after an ectopic pregnancy, a damaged fallopian tube and diagnosis of MFI (due to ASA). We've done 6 medicated cycles and two fresh IVF cycles (the first of which ended in a chemical) and now an FET. How will our story end...?
Monday, August 8, 2011
Day one of a big week.
This afternoon was IVF orientation. We got a HUGE packet of info as we walked in that was kind of overwhelming, and the presentation was long, but some of the big questions I've had about the clinic's procedures and about the financial aspects of all this were answered. Enough big questions were answered that I feel a lot better about things than I have. We got a list of possible medications so we can check with our insurance to see if any are covered along with a list of pharmacies that we can use, and found out all the pre-IVF testing should be covered by our insurance. Also, my RE was the first to speak, and I got a much better sense of the scope of his knowledge and the protocols that the clinic uses and why and got a good sense of the timing of everything. I just have a better feel for it all now, which makes me feel a lot better. The timing is great because tomorrow we check out the other clinic in town. It will be good to compare the two with the orientation fresh in our heads. Tomorrow is also the appointment at the urologist for my husband. It's going to be a big day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment