Monday, October 10, 2011

Being gutted and outing myself.

Stayed home sick today. Felt miserable all day. Didn't leave the bed or the couch except to eat or pee. I finally decided to check my email tonight and found out that our good friend, who wasn't going to have any more kids, is pregnant and due in early April. That's when I was due. I should have a kid turning one when their second is born, but all I can hope for now is that maybe I'll be pregnant then. Maybe. At least she had the decency to email people rather than just post it on facebook, though the subject line was just 'Hello!, so I had no idea what I was walking into. I can't be too mad at her, she's the one that introduced my husband and I...but that sure as hell doesn't make it hurt any less.

Perhaps because of that (or perhaps because of the cold medicine), I decided to 'out' myself on Facebook. It's October - closing in on the 15th, so I figured what the hell, I might as well put myself out there as a show of support for any other 'friends' I have that have been through it too and are feeling as lonely as I have felt. I did hide it from the one co-worker that I have that I'm FB 'friends' with. I don't need to deal with everyone at work knowing about that on top of all the other BS stress I have to deal with there.

Okay, I'm going back to bed now. 




2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Meg! That's a big step, but I support it fully. I haven't regretted outing myself once and have had many people reach out to me and say that they are also dealing with IF. You will be surprised! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! Its hard to put it out there but it feels so much better once you do! You should find me on fb:)

    ReplyDelete