Thursday, October 20, 2011

Clomid Crazies: take 3

I started round three of Clomid last night. Stayed home sick from work again today - that makes 6 days in the past three weeks. This is not good. Just really not good. The anxiety and depression don't seem to be getting any better - worse, if anything. I'm going to talk to Dr. S (therapist) about it all tonight and hope she has some words of wisdom. I've been Googling 'Clomid and anxiety' this morning (why didn't I do this earlier? Who knows.) and got no shortage of decent hits. Mostly from message boards full of women sympathizing with each other - most of whom started having panic attacks and anxiety attacks after starting Clomid. Guess there's another 'club' I get to join now.

So, I'm stuck. I'm miserable from the side effects, and missing tons of work (with no PTO), but it's what I have to do if we want to start a family. This cycle could very well be the best chance we've ever had at getting pregnant. I should (hopefully) O on my left side, and had a great response to the current dose of Clomid, and my husband's numbers should still be good from being on the steroids...they say the third time's the charm. Let's all cross our fingers and say a little (or very big) collective prayer that the saying rings true for us this time around. I really need to catch a break soon.


3 comments:

  1. I really hope you catch a break soon, too, Meg. I hate that you have to go through this!

    This is probably a stupid question, but have you thought about asking to take Femara instead of Clomid? I've heard people say the side effects aren't as bad. I took Femara one cycle, and it was noticeably better than Clomid.

    Just a thought.

    Thinking of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks unaffected. I did ask my RE about trying a different med, and she said my only other options are injectible meds. Maybe I'll ask the nurse about Femara next time I see or talk to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also going to suggest Femara. I have never taken it, but it might do the trick without the added anxiety. My anxiety got a lot worse on Clomid, luckily it only took a couple cycles. If it didn't work the month it did, I was considering quitting it. Another friend of mine had the same issue - her anxiety went through the roof on Clomid. I hope this is your month and you won't have to give it another thought!

    ReplyDelete