It happened in the car on my drive to work this morning. I'd had a
really great weekend. I did a yoga class on Saturday morning, had been
doing my 20 minutes of relaxation breathing each day, was actually
feeling the best I've felt in weeks! This morning I was nervous about
returning to work. While driving in I started feeling it coming on. I
did my breathing exercise that is supposed to calm me down, supposed to
suppress the physical panic that my body is having. But it didn't work. I
started hyperventilating again. Luckily I was able to hold myself
together long enough to get off of the highway and be able to pull over
on a side street.
Ugh.
By some miracle, I
actually recovered from it and was able to go to work, even if I was an
hour late. My boss was sooooo incredibly understanding! She's had a
panic attack before and knows how terrifying they are, so I have her
sympathy. She knows all about the treatment we're going through and has
been probably about as understanding and supportive as a boss can be.
I think it's time to go chill out on the couch with my cat and my Snuggie and my husband.
Oh no, I'm so sorry, Meg :( That sounds horrible. I'm so glad that your boss is understanding. She sounds like a great woman!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a relaxing evening last night.
Oh gosh, I hate that you are going through that. I have them, too. Mine have been pretty bad here lately. Sometimes I can't breathe, and that freaks me out. Just keep practicing your techniques and tools. I hope it gets better for you.
ReplyDelete