Saturday, October 15, 2011

Irony is not lost on me

I took our male cat to the vet yesterday because he's been spraying around the house (yuck). He, like me, hasn't gotten established with a doctor here since we moved, so I was a little apprehensive about how this would play out. Unlike me, he doesn't have to wait until November - I was able to get an appointment for him within a week of calling. The diagnosis? Anxiety. The treatment? Paxil. That's right. My cat is on anti-anxiety meds. He got treatment within a week and got medication immediately upon seeing someone.

One pill for him...one for me...one for him...one for me... ;) That's the temptation anyway.

There's something wrong with a world where a cat can be more quickly and easily treated for anxiety than his owner...

Seriously though, I am finally feeling better. The visit with the psychologist the other night was great. She doesn't specialize in infertility treatment, but her daughter went through it, and she has done some special training related to it, so I feel that I'm in very good hands with her. Also, I picked up three infertility survival guide books from the library (I heart the library). One's a total dud, the 2nd I haven't really gotten into yet, but the 3rd...oh, the 3rd book is just incredible. The first two are written by doctors, but the 3rd is written by a woman who went through IF hell (endo, surgeries, many IUIs, many IVFs, miscarriages and finally adoption). I'll talk more about it in future posts. I'm only on the second chapter, but I highly recommend this book! It is The Infertility Survival Handbook by Elizabeth Swire Falker. It's a bargain book on Amazon right now - just $5.43! She had a breakdown in the middle of a Kmart just like the one I had this week. I feel so much less crazy after all of your comments and starting this book. Thank you everyone for your comments. I knew this was going to be difficult, but until this week I don't think I knew exactly what I was in for.


1 comment:

  1. Oh that IS ironic! How crazy is that. I'm so glad you had a good session. My docs don't specialize in IF, but I find them very helpful. Awesome that you found a great book! Thinking of you. hugs

    ReplyDelete