I've been wanting to update you all, but things were so incredibly hectic this weekend! I woke up around 6:15 Saturday morning, and laid in bed debating if I should bother to get up and POAOPT or not, since the test the night before had been another stark negative. I decided to do it, and of course, blazing positive. BLAZING. Of course. Couldn't have waited a day or two could we? No. So, I called the RE's office and got a 10:15 appointment for bloodwork and ultrasound. That was the earliest appointment they had. We had a 4 hour drive to get to a 4pm wedding....this was not starting out well. Turns out the clinic had 21 people needing to get bloodwork done that morning. 21. It seems it was some kind of new record high. I didn't get called back until almost 10:45. Luckily things went quickly and we left the clinic at 11:09.
The drive to the wedding was agonizing. I was stressing out about whether or not we'd have to drive back that night (or leave at 5am the next morning), why hasn't the clinic called, where were we going to change if we canceled our hotel room, why hasn't the clinic called, would we even make it to the wedding in time, is the clinic ever going to call??? I finally called them at 1:40 and got a very nice nurse who informed me they were still working their way through the list of calls, they'd had 21 labs that day and I'd been the last patient they'd seen and she'd go ahead and get my info for me if she could put me on hold for a minute. When she came back she told me my hormone levels were great, and I had three follies: a 19mm, a 16mm and an 11mm. All on my right side. The bad side. No IUI for me as it was too high a risk for another ectopic. No intercourse. Nothing. Game off. Call us on CD 1.
I was so disappointed. I knew this was a possibility, but man, I was still just so disappointed. I just keep thinking of those great follies going to waste.
To top it all off, I dumped my nearly full plate of food at dinner off the table and onto my lap and the lap and feet of the woman sitting next to me at the wedding. My husband's college friends all know me for that now. The dinner dumper. I hope the dry cleaner can get the salad dressing out of my dress.
Good times, my friends. Good times.
:(
ReplyDeleteBleh.
I'm sorry, Meg. Even though you knew it was a possibility, this kind of news is never an easy pill to swallow. I'm sorry about your dress, too. I'm hoping the salad dressing was ranch or something not very oily!
**hugs**
Im sorry hun.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that. Thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteBoo. I hate hearing this. Another month of waiting - so unfair. You are in my thoughts! ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that it worked out this way, Meg. :(
ReplyDelete:( :( Aw man I'm so sorry
ReplyDelete