After one of the longest mornings of my life (waiting for the call) I am actually excited and happy! I think we've finally caught a break in all this crap! Out of the 20 eggs retrieved, 16 were mature and given ICSI, and 14 fertilized!!! We have 14 embryos right now!!! I'm trying to enjoy this news as much as I can before the little negative voice in my head starts in with the 'what ifs'. For now, we are loaded up with embryos and I'm one of the happiest infertiles in the world.
We did my first PIO shot this morning. We were both pretty nervous I think. I was nervous that I'd jump or something and freak out my husband, but it went just fine. He was a champ! When he got out of the shower, I got up and plugged in my newly purchased heating pad so it could get all warmed up, went in the bathroom and prepared the injection while he got dressed, then brought all the stuff into the bedroom so he could give me the shot. I barely felt it! I know they probably won't always go this smoothly, but thank goodness the first one did! I can't believe what a small area he has to give them to me in. We had the nurse draw circles on my butt so we'd know right where to give them, and I just didn't realize it was such a small area! No wonder you get sore after a while. Sheesh.
I'm feeling a lot better already. Still uncomfortable, especially when my bladder is full, but I'm much more up and about today, and haven't even taken a nap or any pain meds. I've spent most of the day on the couch, rather than in bed, which is a good sign for me. You know I'm really down and out when I stay in bed. I'm being a good girl and drinking plenty of fluids, including my new find this time around - electrolyte enhanced water from Trader Joe's. It's just water, so no calories, and it's super cheap! Perfect for the post-retrieval IF gal who doesn't want to pack on any more pounds than she already has and wants to avoid OHSS at all costs, but can't afford to spend tons of money on anything because she's totally broke from paying for IVF! ;)
Great news! I am so happy for you :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on amazing fertilization number! You definitely better sit back and relax for a day or so :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I hope this means it's your lucky cycle!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! I have been following you and praying for a take home baby for you. Everyone deserves to be a mother, especially those who want a sweet child so very badly. Hugs to you! Praying!
ReplyDeleteSounds good! Live up life on the couch! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a fantastic number! Congrats!!
ReplyDelete14 is so great! Grow babies grow!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, what a great fert. report! That's twice as many as I had fertilize! Yay!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see some positive news! Hope you've got some good DVDs to occupy your 'couch time' a bit - and I;m glad you are feeling a bit better already, and the shots are starting off well.All good news!
ReplyDelete