I haven't posted because there hasn't been much to report. I had my first blood work yesterday, and E2 was at 87. Lower than it was at that point last time. And I'm on a higher dose of FSH. Hmm. Tomorrow is blood work and an ultrasound, so we'll see I guess. My side effects have been blessedly better this time around. I've taken a leave of absence from work since I was barely making it in anyway, and I'm much less stressed out because of that, and I think it's really making a difference. I've been spending some time working on items for my Etsy store that I'm eventually going to open. It's been great to just work on things when I feel up to it, and to be working toward something that I've been dreaming about doing for a long time. It's nice to have at least one long term goal that feels achievable, unlike that whole 'starting a family' goal.
I do have two stories to tell you. Apparently the baby aspirin is thinning my blood as it's meant to. I had just headed out the door of my clinic yesterday morning after getting my blood work drawn when I looked down at my arm and realized I was bleeding right through the gauze! I raised my arm up and ran back in and one of the nurses patched me up and sent me home with a bunch of gauze and band-aids and alcohol wipes 'just in case'. Sheesh. I guess I'm a bleeder now! There's a huge bruise on that arm now, which is my only 'good' arm for blood draws. Tomorrow could get interesting if they try the other arm...
And now, I have some gossip! I asked about Gum Smacker yesterday. The nurse drawing my blood said that she quit. Apparently she felt she was too busy at the clinic, so she went to go work at a family practice instead. We were both skeptical that she'd be less busy at a bustling family practice. But really, who cares? I'm just glad she's gone and she saved me the time of sending in a complaint about her.
Great that you're having less side-effects and having time off work :) FXd for your appt tomorrow and thinking of you as you head towards your retrieval xo
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing your Etsy bits! Enjoy the time off.
ReplyDeleteWhen did you start taking the baby asprin in your cycle? Keep your chin up, I know this is so hard and we all tend to get numb after disappointment. YOu were so close last cycle!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you took some time off work. What kind of stuff are you making for Etsy...can't wait to see it! Everyone always talks about baby aspirin, but I have never taken it before??
ReplyDelete