Retrieval is officially set for Thursday morning! At this morning's check my E2 was 1,936 and I had 13 measurable follies, 7 mature (16-21mm), 2 almost mature (15mm), and the other 4 might catch up in time (12-14mm). Plus, there were 'a bunch' of smaller ones. I know last time I had 8 follies that were 12mm and above and all 8 were retrieved, so I'm hoping that we'll get all 13 this time. My other hope is that we'll get a better fertilization rate than last time (only 3 of 8, even with ICSI). I trigger tonight, then get a break from meds until Friday morning when I get my first PIO shot. Not looking forward to that. Gotta make sure I remain calm for my poor husband who I know is not looking forward to it either.
I met Gum-smacker's replacement yesterday (and today) and she seems like quite an improvement. No gum, no inappropriate conversation, and I didn't even feel the needle stick or bleed like crazy after. I say she's a keeper!
My clinic is recognizing NIAW, which I think is really cool. All the nurses and staff are wearing yellow ribbons, and they've had coffee set up in the waiting room every morning with little flyers advertising Resolve and NIAW. There are also pamplets at the front desk talking about the Family Act and encouraging people to contact their lawmakers. I like that they're getting involved with this.
I had my favorite ultrasound tech this morning. She's really nice and chatty, and much more gentle with Mr. Wand than the other two techs. She started with checking my lining and she gushes 'your lining is always just beautiful, just picture perfect'. That's the kind of compliment only and infertile can appreciate. I responded with 'well, at least something is working right down there!'
I'll be sure to update after retrieval!
Yay for triggering. I love that your clinic is recognizing NAIW. I was looking around at mine on Monday and didn't see anything. Oh well! Good luck with retrieval. Hoping for better fertilization for you this time around.
ReplyDeleteEverything sounds wonderful! Good luck on your retreival and I cant wait to hear how it went.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you, Meg! And I'm glad that GS's replacement is an improvement!
ReplyDeleteRandom, but my RE's office is "celebrating" NIAW by putting out cookies and candy. Yeah, like I haven't packed on enough pounds thanks to this bullshit!!! ;)
All good news! Good luck at the retrieval. I am hoping for 13+ eggs!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!! I will be thinking of you! Love that your clinic is involved with NAIW!!!
ReplyDeleteOur numbers are almost identical! I hope we both have excellent retrieval and fertilization. That's really cool that they are supporting NIAW.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck on your retrieval!
ReplyDeleteGoodluck! Im thinking you'll get 16 follies & plenty of ferts :)
ReplyDeleteWoot Woot! Cant wait to hear how it all goes!! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow for the retrieval (I say tomorrow, because it's Wed night here in Australia).
ReplyDelete