I have felt really, really gross this week. I mean, really gross. I guess it's morning sickness...or at least, my own weird version of it. I feel nauseous almost all day every day. I actually wake up feeling not nauseous, but then once I eat (which I kind of have to do) it kicks right in. I spend my day grazing on whatever doesn't make my stomach churn at the thought of eating (mostly saltines and oyster crackers), and regretting most of what I do eat. I bought some Sea Bands
the other day and they seem to help, though they don't make the nausea go
away completely. Also I've found that if I sip on lemonade constantly
(that's got to be good for my teeth, I'm sure) it makes things better. I haven't actually thrown up at all though. I feel like I could at any time, and like I'd feel better if I did, but I don't. It's bizarre. On top of that I get heartburn a few times a day, and I've been incredibly gassy. Yep, all that adds up to G-R-O-S-S!
The other thing that's contributing to the all out feelings of grossness is that my sense of smell has become incredibly strong, but only to the gross smells. As I walk through my house all I can smell are the cat's litter boxes, which my husband had been cleaning out regularly. I have to hold my breath while loading dirty clothes into the washer or loading dirty dishes into the dishwasher. When I open the trash can I get hit with a brick wall of nasty smells, and the fridge smells like it's full of rotten food even though it isn't. I've been keeping the windows open as much as possible. Thankfully the weather has been much cooler allowing me to do that.
I am not, however, complaining about any of it. I don't enjoy it, not one bit, but I do find it reassuring. This is what it feels like to be pregnant. It's great to know what it feels like. I've never felt like this before. I'm also happy to report that I've made it past the point of my 1st loss, the ectopic that ended at 6w1d. Today I am 6w2d*!
*My clinic says I'm 6w1d, but I disagree. I think they're thinking of my FET as a 5dt, but the embryos were frozen on day 6 because of my transfer from hell, so I say it was a 6dt, even though I'm not a doctor.
Trying drinking mint tea. That helped me a lot with morning sickness. I felt like you... I could throw up at any minute but didn't really ever throw up. Becareful brushing your teeth. It was my arch-enemy in the first trimester because of my sensitive gag reflex.
ReplyDeleteYes all these symptons are very reassuring!
Yep, you sound like a pregnant lady! The lemonade might be causing the heartburn so try laying off on that (and any other acidic drinks/foods) for a while and see if that helps. You might never throw up but always feel like you might. Try some ginger candy or tea to help with the quesiness (Whole Foods has these great Ginger Chews!) Congrats on making it past that awful milestone!
ReplyDeleteYou have as much right to complain about your symptoms as anyone else. And in a few years, when your kids are acting up, you can complain about them too!
ReplyDeleteUnisom and B6 really helped with my morning/all day sickness. Ask your doctor if it's safe for you.
Feel better.
Sorry about the sickness but like you said, it's reassuring!!! Try sucking on mint candies too like lifesavers or another mint. Ginger ale and eat carbs, they should help. Pretzel rods were my breakfast of choice for a good 6 weeks! hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI lucked out in the morning sickness department, so nfortunately I don't have any helpful suggestions other than trying to chew gum...? Sorry you're feeling so gross, but I'm so happy that you are having reassuring symptoms!
ReplyDeleteGrossness is a good thing :) It means your popsicles are doing just what they are supposed to!
ReplyDeleteUgh, that sucks! But yay, at the same time :-) I hope it passes, or maybe it'll get easier to tolerate soon!
ReplyDeleteSo i think maybe my morning sickness was MUCH worse when I didn't take my daily huge amounts of B vitamins. 50mg of B6 seems to help. We'll see - this theory isn't proven yet.
ReplyDeleteNo fun, but I'm still loving this post! ;) I had the all day sickness with my babies too, just find what you can tolerate and go with it for the next several weeks. Sour helps a lot of women, so the lemonade makes sense - you might want to try some preggy pops too. Hopefully morning sickness will ease up for you by the second trimester. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete一夜.情視訊聊天室
ReplyDelete美女視訊直播
live173影音live秀-免費視訊
色情視訊聊天室
情色視訊聊天室
173 影音 live 秀免費視訊
金瓶梅視訊聊天室
showlive視訊聊天網
live173
showlive聊天網