Monday was CD1 in the eyes of my RE's office (first day of full flow before noon), so I called to get the ball rolling for IUI #2. I ended up speaking with my doctor to go over my options since I'd gotten so depressed on Clomid. After going over it all, I decided to go ahead with 100mg of Clomid this cycle. I didn't have a good response to the 50mg, so 100 was what she recommends. If the s/e are too much, I can lower my dose or even just stop taking it, and we could still go ahead with IUI if I'm Oing from the left side...so it made sense to try it. I think I might be crazy to do this, but as I'm sure you all understand, I'm willing to try anything to get pregnant, even if it makes me crazy(er) for a few days. I took my first dose tonight. Hopefully I won't spend the whole weekend in bed with the curtains drawn...
Oh, and this time it only took two calls to the RE's office and three calls to the pharmacy to get the prescription filled. I think last cycle was three calls to the RE and three to the pharmacy. Ugh.
I'm sorry last cycle wasn't the one for you. You know I'm here cheering for you! 100mg Clomid did the trick for me 3 times ;) Hope you have success this cycle!
ReplyDeleteI really hope the higher dose of Clomid a) works, and b) doesn't have the bad side effects! Clomid is a nasty, nasty pill. I'm really hoping this is the last time you'll EVER have to take any fertility medicine!!
ReplyDeleteIsnt it crazy what we will put our bodies through. Praying that this time isnt as rough!!!
ReplyDelete