As aggravating as the TWW is, it's not very interesting, therefore not very inspirational for blogging. I'm just waiting....tick, tick, tick...only 8dpo/7dpiui today and trying to hold off on testing for a few more days at least, so I thought I'd pass along something else to read in the absence of any posts from yours truly. I just found this article through Resolve that appeared in SELF magazine. It's incredible. Very long, but absolutely incredible and has me thinking about the silence that surround infertility.
Here is the link: http://www.self.com/health/2010/08/breaking-the-silence-on-infertility?currentPage=1
Let me know what you think.
Good luck with your TWW!! I will be keeping everything crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteThat was an interesting article. I just posted it to my FB. I think it's so sad that many people go through it all alone. I tell people...sometimes they don't say the right things, but I love their support anyway. I know a lot of people don't feel comfortable telling though. Why is there so much stigma? IDK...if you had cancer, you would tell people. *sad face*
I am looking forward to your testing - I hope it brings a beautiful BFP!
ReplyDeleteThat article was spot on! It took me years to talk about my infertility, or even to admit it to myself. I'm thankful that by the time we started treatment (7 years after starting TTC) I was finally ready to be open and share with our family. It was liberating and we were lucky to have family who was understanding and compassionate. Sure, they said the wrong things sometimes, but I let them know when they did, and we moved on. This article brought back so many of those emotions for me. I too remember being jealous of women who had miscarriages because at least they got to be pregnant, if only for a short time...now on the other side of that, 4 miscarriages later, I can't believe I felt that way. I have many of those same feelings and emotions being a miscarriage survivor and I don't think there is enough advocacy for that either. This article could have just as easily been written about that and included many of the same points. I have tried to be open about that aspect as well and I hope women, men, government starts to see the light and opens up about infertility and miscarriage. Thanks for sharing the article!