Friday, September 16, 2011

A sea of numbers

I'm pretty sure the IUI didn't work this cycle. AF isn't due until Sunday or Monday, but my symptoms are waning and my tests have been BFN. I'm 12dpo today.  I'm anxious to hit day 1 so I can find out the plan for IUI #2. I'm a little anxious about what med the doc will want to put me on this time. I feel like the 50mg dose of Clomid wasn't strong enough, but I can't go higher because of the side effects I had...I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

There's good news to make up for that though. The urologist finally called with the results of Monday's analysis, and the numbers were good! Initial count was 57 million, with 42% motility and no sign of ASA. Post-wash count was 8.5 million! The plan now is to keep at it for a couple more months, and if we're still not pregnant, do another analysis and see if the ASA are back. While we're TTC, DH can take the steroids one month on, two months off, and just keep cycling that way until we're knocked up. It's so good to know at least something that we tried recently has worked! I really, really hope that between getting his numbers back up, and me taking drugs to get me to O on the left side we can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment