Monday, September 5, 2011

The stats

Here are today's numbers: my follie (only one I guess) was 12mm (should have been at least 14) and already released, estradiol was 139 (should have been at least 150), LH was 14 (needed to be at least 8, I think). Sperm count was 2.8 million post-wash with 85% progressive motility. Not the greatest numbers ever (seems to be the story of our TTC life), but certainly good enough to give us a fighting chance.

The actual IUI was kind of annoying...the nurse was having a hard time getting the catheter in, so first she tried a different speculum, then switched to a thinner more flexible catheter. All of that was pretty uncomfortable. Like a much milder version of my HSG. I guess I just don't have the best luck with procedures down there. :/ Apparently things are a little difficult to navigate in there...perhaps another small issue to add to our list of issues. The sperm lack a sense of direction and the roads they have to navigate are kind of confusing. Oh well.

Now we wait! The next two weeks will be some of the longest ever, I'm sure. I'll try not to test before 10dpo... ;)

Oh - I forgot to add my lining was 11, which she said was good. Can't remember what the minimum was.


1 comment:

  1. Great lining!!! I've never had etradiol and LH measured at IUI, so I don't know what numbers are good there, but it sounds like your LH was great and your estradiol wasn't too far off. I always had trouble with IUI's too - my RE said my uterus was slightly tipped, so they clamped open my cervix and used a more rigid catheter bringing it in at a bit of an angle. Not comfy at all, but it did the trick. Has anyone said anything about a tilted uterus to you? Sounds like there is enough sperm and motility to do the trick even if the numbers weren't super high ;) I have everything crossed for you that your beautiful 12mm follie will become your take home baby! Babydust!!!

    ReplyDelete