Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Quick Update

There's not been much going on the past few days, just hurry up and wait. Thank heaven that the horrible emotional side effects I had from the Clomid have gone away and I get to enjoy the long weekend. This morning's OPT was almost positive, so I'm guessing tomorrow is going to be ultrasound and blood work day with Monday being IUI day! Today I've been feeling little cramps and pains on both sides, which gives me hope that the low dose of Clomid did what it was supposed to and there are hopefully some good follies on both sides. I did talk to the IUI coordinator about the effect the med had on me and she put it in my chart so I won't be given a higher dose of it, and she said it would be up to me if I wanted to take the 50mg dose again, or if I would want to try something else. Of course, this wasn't my RE talking, so we'll have to see what she says, but I know for sure that a higher dose would be a bad, bad thing for me. What amazes me through all of this is how numb I feel about the whole thing. I'm not letting myself get excited about this, even though I know it may be the best chance of getting pregnant that we've had in the nearly two years that we've been trying. My mind just won't let me forget all of the things that could go wrong. I guess my defense mechanisms are working pretty hard right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment