I'm on day 3 of Lupron, and have only two more BCPs to take (yay). My fatigue seems to be getting better, no doubt helped by the fact that my insomnia has gotten MUCH better. Waking up once during the night and almost immediately rolling over and going back to sleep is soooooo much better than laying awake in bed for hours at a time, or waking up every hour on the hour. One week until my baseline u/s. It may be one of the longest weeks ever.
On a side note (and something I've been wanting to blog about for some time) I went to a Resolve support group meeting Tuesday night. It's the third one I've been to. They're incredible. It's so wonderful to sit in a room full of other people who are going through the same thing you are. Other people who understand what it feels like. To talk to them in person (no offense to all my bloggy friends). If you don't know about Resolve, you should. It's the National Infertility Association. Their website is awesome. It is full of information and advice on every aspect of IF. If you haven't spent time on it, give yourself a little gift and do it. They have a list of support groups, lists of medical professionals, ideas for stress management, are involved in advocacy...the list goes on and on.
I used to go to a Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope support group as well, which is an organization that helps women who have experienced pregnancy loss or the loss of a child. They are also awesome and also have an awesome website full of helpful information and are involved in advocacy. Unfortunately that group had very small turnouts for meetings and the leader moved to another state, so the group stopped meeting.
I'm learning how important it is to build up a support system when going through loss and IF. I've been seeing a therapist, going to support groups, leaning on my doctors more, and telling a few more friends here and there about what we're going through. Also, this blog has become such a great place for me to write it all out and share what I'm going through and get support. You can't do this stuff alone. You just can't.
I am a huge fan of resolve. They are let you know when bills are coming up regarding infertilty and help me format letters to my representatives. Glad you are getting sleep now and counting down days to saying goodbye bcp.
ReplyDeleteWow thanks for linking me to Resolve. I'm in Australia, and we don't have anything like that here, and it seems to have some good information on it. I'm a bit bummed that Facebook plasters any 'Like' across all of my friends pages, otherwise I'd connect with them on Facebook to keep up to date easier.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about support. While I've never been to a support group, I have leaned on friends and my sister a little harder during all this IF stuff. I also spent 4 months seeing a psychologist last year, which greatly helped me deal with my emotions after my miscarriage. I get so frustrated by people who just don't understand, so gaining support from anyone who is willing to try to understand (or who's been through it before) is sooooo beneficial.
Hope this week goes super quick for you!! Good luck x
I just found Resolve today after doing some insurance research and started looking into some of the links on the website. I totally agree about having support ESPECIALLY from people who understand what it is like to go through this. I am glad this time around I have a therapist and that I have been more involved with my blog and the IF community here. Best of luck to you this cycle!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're doing better! I can't wait for things to keep rolling.
ReplyDeleteOh, that's great about the groups! I have thought of going, but I'm pretty shy...maybe I will check one out!
Wishing you lots of luck!
http://lisabttc.wordpress.com
Lupron is evil. Enough said there. I would love to attend one of the support group meetings. I checked out the site but they haven't updated any dates in my area. Hmmm...i'll have to look into it.
ReplyDeleteHi... here from Cyclesistas :)) Joining the list for this month while doing IVF #3+... sorry to hear about your loss - my heart goes out to you. I wish we had groups like you describe in Australia... maybe one day. I have a private blog {via newyearmum2.blogspot.com}, but happy for other IF/ART bloggers to join - just email me via my updater blog :) Good luck for your cycle and great to be cycling with you xoxo
ReplyDeleteI also love RESOLVE. I really hope this is the cycle for you!
ReplyDeleteHey chica! I hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteMy blog is private now. I deleted my FB page. If you would like to view my blog, can you send me your email address? Mine is baby4lisa@gmail.com