Sunday, February 19, 2012

Quick update

Tomorrow morning is my first monitoring appointment. It's just blood work. I thought things were going to get all hot 'n heavy with Mr. Wand this week, but I guess not so much. I have no idea how often they're going to have me come in. It's not set in stone, I think they just kind of play it by ear at my clinic, which is fine by me. I know this week will be busy with appointments.

I'm on day 3 of stims, and thank goodness for the Follistim pen! Mixing, and measuring out syringes of Lupron and Menoburn isn't really that hard, but they make me appreciate the ease of just dialing up a dose. Also, the Follistim is my morning med, which is great, because I'm having to set my alarm and wake up early so I'm a bit bleary eyed when I'm doing it. I'm also feeling some relief from the Lupron. My dose went down by half when I started stims and I started to feel better yesterday and today felt quite like myself again, though sooooooo bloated! My headache that I had for four days is pretty much gone, and I have some energy again.

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I had my sushi and beer and it was freaking fantastic! It was a really nice day.

Gotta go - Downton Abbey is about to start! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi. just found your blog and am now following. Best of luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My clinic usually has me with bldwk and u/s every 3 days then everyother they closely I get to retrieval. Once the bldwk etc starts it all flies by! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...what I meant to say was "the closer I get to retrieval" damn little blue pills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things are really progressing for you! Yay! I just wanted to stop by and thank you for all the amazing support you've been giving me via my blog. It means a lot. And I'm glad you had a great birthday with your beer n sushi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope stimming continues to go well. I'm just ahead of you by 5 days. I hope your body adjusts ok.

    How good is Downton Abbey!!! I saw all of season 1 last week streamed through Netflix. I think it's like episode 6 now in S2, so I am just going to wait to see it on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete