Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No more stimming!

It's official - retrieval is Friday morning! I had 7-10 mature follies this morning, with a few more smaller ones that might make it to Friday. I'm much more comfortable with that number. There were multiple follies on Lefty too.  It all seems to depend on which ultrasound tech is doing the ultrasound. There are 3 at my clinic, and the one I had today I'm dubbing my lucky charm. She's much more gentle than the other two techs, and seems to find better things than the others. I guess it also depends on which nurse I talk to. Some give me all the numbers, some tell me very little, and for some reason I never ask for much more info. Maybe I'm a little bit happy being a bit naive about it. It gives me less to obsess over. I know from all the reading that I've done and your comments that the number of eggs retrieved can vary greatly from the number of follies they've counted on ultrasound. I'll start obsessing after Friday when we have concrete numbers of eggs and embryos and so on.

Trigger is tonight at 8:45. No more Lupron and Menoburn! Woo hoo!!!

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome news. Oh my goodness only a day away! Cant wait to hear how it went. Keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You'll have embabies by the weekend!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! That is amazing news!! Wishing you lots of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I can't wait until Friday!!! You will be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo!!! This is SO exciting! You are in my thoughts and I hope you have awesome luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck on your retrieval today! Mine was last week and it took me about 5 days to feel back to normal. My biggest mistake was going back to work the next day -- I wound up having to take the next 2 days off to make up for it! So my advice to you is just take your time afterwards and rest, rest, rest!

    ReplyDelete