Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spinning (in a all-the-energy's-been-sucked-out-of-me kind of way)

I have so much to blog about...but so little energy! The BCP is causing me to feel really fatigued, and on top of that I've been having horrible insomnia. You would think that maybe the two would somehow cancel each other out, but no, they're combining their forces for evil!

I have been neglecting you all again. I'm sorry. The past few weeks have been so crazy - basically we've been doing all the pre-IVF testing and consults, etc. while actually starting an IVF cycle. All of a sudden we've had to make all the big decisions in a week and a half when we thought we were going to have a month and a half. So...let's see...I'm two weeks into the BCP.  Tonight I start Lupron injections and baby aspirin. I just got back from my injections class and holy crap my head is spinning with all the info! So. Many. Drugs. I'm definitely thinking about nursing school when all this is over.

We got home from class to find a nice big box on the front porch - my meds had arrived. It actually wasn't as overwhelming of an amount as I thought it would be. I piled it all up on the kitchen table and took the requisite photo, but don't have time to upload it right now. My baseline blood work and ultrasound are scheduled for the morning of the 16th, estimated retrieval is the week of the 26th. 

So far I've lucked out. It could still bounce back to me, but for now all I've had to pay on my meds is the co-pays, so only $118. Believe me, I know how lucky I am that that's covered. My husband and I both breathed a huge sigh of relief when we found out. Now, the other $23,000 we had to fork over today for the shared-risk program...yeah, well, that didn't feel as lucky. So. Much. Money. I'm not going to be able to afford nursing school when all this is over.

That's where things stand. It's been pretty boring so far. I mean, not boring really - the thoughts never stop racing around in my head about all of this, and the reality is still sinking in. I have moments here and there where I realize 'holy crap, we're really doing this'. But as far as having things to blog about...there hasn't been much, and I just haven't had the energy to sit down and type.I'm sure as things start to pick up, so will my blogging. I've been doing my best to keep up with everyone else's blogs and trying to comment when I have the energy...which hasn't been very often I'm afraid.



3 comments:

  1. You are really moving along! My medications were just delivered about 15 minutes ago. Now I cant wait to get them home and play with it all :)

    Good luck on the Lupron shots tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meggola!! Just found your blog through cycle sistas. I'm excited to follow you through your first (and hopefully last) IVF! I'm just a few weeks ahead of you at 2dp5dt. I'll be cheering for you...through shots and all! -C
    syringesisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo, sorry about the BC. It sucks. I hope time flies! It's like Christmas with the meds :-) I'm really pumped for you. I'll be stalking big time.

    ReplyDelete