Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lupron = devil. I see that now.

I hate Lupron. It's on the s**t-list with Clomid. I've felt like crap all week. Hormonal, headaches, bloated beyond belief, no energy, achy, a little bit of nausea here and there...I could go on and on. Sneaky little bugger. Those first few days I kept wondering what the big deal was. Why everyone called Lupron the devil. Now I know.

I stopped BCP on Saturday, and AF is a no-show. My clinic doesn't seem to care if she doesn't show, so I guess I don't either. I'll consider it an early birthday gift from her (the big 3-5 is on Saturday). This morning I got up bright and early to have my baseline ultrasound. I'm terrified that they're going to call me and tell me I'm not suppressed enough and that we're on hold. If that happens, then we have to wait a while as we'd be too late for this first series, and the second IVF series doesn't start until April 3! :/ Ugh.  If, however, everything looks alright, then I start my Follistim and Menopur (Meno-burn?) tomorrow! Why do just one shot a day when you can do three?

This IVF stuff is tough. I know I'm just getting started, but it's already kicking my butt. I'm strong though, and can take it. It will all be worth it in the end.

3 comments:

  1. I took my first shot of Lupron last night. I haven't felt any side effects yet other than I have lost my sense of humor! I guess I am officially no fun anymore!

    You are absolutely right this IVF stuff is tough but hang in there. When a task is harder than what it should be you usually tend to appreciate it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I agree with you on Lupron being evil! I hate it more then words can describe. I keep thinking that I can hold on until March 6th and after retrieval I am done, LOL>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yucky!!!!! Keep hanging in there hun. <3

    ReplyDelete