That's where my husband is right now. I checked facebook today to see that I had a message. When I opened it, there it was, an ultrasound photo - actually a link to a video, from DH's cousin. I called him at work about something else and figured I'd let him know to at least spare him the shock that I had just been through, only to find out that he had known she was pregnant for over a week and, in his words, had been waiting for the right time to tell me.
Well, I think that the right time probably would have been sometime before she sent out the announcement, dontcha think? Welcome to the dog house, buddy. It might take a little doing to make it out this time.
Ugh. That sucks. I think he owes you dinner and dessert.
ReplyDeleteGross.
ReplyDeleteThis re-affirms, yet again, that Facebook is indeed the devil.
He came home with roses and puppy dog eyes and a very sincere apology. He fully realized he'd royally screwed up without me having to yell at him about it and felt horrible that I'd gotten hurt because of it, so he's a free man again.
ReplyDeleteUghh, sometimes men just don't think and do such stupid things. But, they usually don't mean it (don't know if that makes it better or worse!) I HATE facebook, I got off it months ago, and although I miss it every once in a while, it has been such a nice break from all things baby. Glad you and your hubby made up :)
ReplyDeleteMy husband protected me from my sister-in-laws pregnancy and actually asked her to not to post on Facebook until after he was able to tell me. She did not listen. Now, I think it is sweet for him to care so much to not want to hurt me deeper.
ReplyDeleteAt the time it was a huge betrayel to not let me know. I understand completely what you just went through. Just go easy on him... he just loves you dearly!
Ugh, that's the worst. At least he had good intentions, even if it wasn't the "right" intention.
ReplyDelete