Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sleep? I don't need no stinkin' sleep!

It's 3:15 am. Why sleep when you can blog? Since starting the PIO on Thursday evening, the insomnia has been setting in. This is the first night that it's gotten me up and out of bed, mostly because it's paired with a nasty case of heartburn as well as a huge need to get up and pee. Yay. I'm on a higher dose of PIO right now than I was on the fresh cycles - 1cc per day. I'm assuming that's because there's no CL to make progesterone naturally since ovulation was suppressed?

I was hoping I'd have more to say, but that's all I can come up with right now. That's something I hate about insomnia. If I'm going to be up in the middle of the night, I'd at least like to be a little productive, but I'm always too bleary-eyed to do anything other than watch TV or surf the internet.

By the way - I'm up to 14 pills per day now since I started the antibiotic and steroid yesterday in anticipation of transfer. This morning I joked that I was just having pills for breakfast. Those new pills could very well be what's causing the heartburn. They're the reason I have 3 forms of heartburn/upset stomach medication in my medicine cabinet. D'oh.


4 comments:

  1. Are you on any estrogen pills? Estrace perhaps? That stuff gives me the WORST heartburn. Hate it. With the PIO dose, I was on 1cc for both fresh and frozen cycles- always intersting to see how different clinics do things!

    So close... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo close!

    Sorry for the heartburn & insomnia - that sucks. Estrace gave me heartburn like a mofo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yuck! I've had bad heartburn since starting the Estrace/Endometrin too, and I've still got it after going off the meds. Thank God for Pepcid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughh...how much longer!?!? Hoping you're time is coming real soon!

    ReplyDelete