Friday, March 2, 2012

Octo mom?

We got 8 eggs! I know it's not the biggest number, but I'm happy with it. I like 8, it's a nice round number. The lab recommended ICSI, so we're out another $2100 for that, but at this point, the money just doesn't matter any more. Plus, it's a one-time charge under the shared risk plan, so any future ICSIs are covered by that as well. I was actually relieved that they recommended it. I was worried, of course, that I'd get a phone call tomorrow telling me that none had fertilized. I realize they still might not all make it, but the odds are so much better. Whew!

I'm actually not too sore. It just feels like a continuation of the discomfort I was already having, just a little more painful. I took a nice little nap when we got home, and I just plan on taking it easy this weekend. They'll call tomorrow before noon with the fertilization report, and I'll find out on Sunday when transfer will be - Monday or Wednesday. Also, tomorrow I start the Crinone, as well as an antibiotic and a steroid (can't remember the names right now). I'm doing Crinone because my husband is going away on a business trip next week for 6 days, and I didn't have any one else who could give me the PIO shots, so Crinone it is. I hear it's kind of gross...oh well.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Meg! I followed you over from TWW :-) Congratulations Octo Mom! We weren't 100% recommended for ICSI but I had the same fear so we ICSI'd. Kind of relieves the pressure... I'm glad you feel good today! Exciting day tomorrow, good luck! I'm thinking of you.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyy for eggies!!!!!!!!!!! 8 is a wonderful number! So will you get a phone call tomorrow about fertilization? Ooooh I'm so excited!!

    And keep this in the back of your mind, in case... Milk of Magnesia + Gatorade saved me a couple days following my ER. I wish I had started drinking Gatorade sooner, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am do happy to hear it went well today. ICSI is great way to go. Rest up and I hope your report turns out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 is a great number. Hoping for a good fertilization rate! Get some rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been waiting for your update! So happy for 8!! Now, I'm anxious for tomorrow's report! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8 is GrEaT!!!! I had 11 retrieved, 10 were mature, and 9 fertilized normally with ICSI, so you have a great chance of those 8 fertilizing. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome news!!! I'm praying they will all fertilize nicely! Mine all did with ICSI. Come on embies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so flipping excited. I have a great feeling about this. We're almost exactly cycle sisters this time, its crazy. The crinone isn't that bad. Esp if you take it in the morning you won't get the 'chunky' discharge. Sorry I just gagged typing that. Just wear a panty liner and you'll be all set. Good Luck with the fert report. It will be awesome. How many are you putting back?

    ReplyDelete