Sunday, January 15, 2012

An actual TWW!

Well, here we go - my first real TWW in months! O day was Friday...so I'm already 2dpo today. I actually have pregnancy tests that have been sitting in my linen closet for months. Months! Last night we went to dinner and a movie, and had time to kill between the two so we wandered into Walmart. This is not my favorite store by any stretch of the imagination, but it was there and it was warm (temps were in the teens last night here) and, I thought, I could look for some of those 88 cent tests that everyone on the boards has been raving about. I've looked for them before and could never find them, but this time...this time I found them. I was only going to get a couple (trying to show some restraint I guess) and my husband actually encouraged me to get more! I have the BEST husband ever, I think (or perhaps just the most frugal)! I have to say, I'm pretty excited to be back in the game again, even though I'm feeling very realistic about how low a chance we have at actually being pregnant. That's just my stong sense of self-preservation at work. Still - we have a chance, which is more than we've had in months, so I'm not going to complain. I've been working at being more optimistic lately. I've been letting myself wander into the baby section at stores and trying to look at the cute things there as something that we'll need someday soon, rather than thinking of them as a reminder of what we've lost and not been able to make into a reality. We've even started purchasing things for our non-existent child. Just a few items here and there, like a cute vintage giraffe lamp at a thrift store, and these really cute plastic dishes with robots on them in the dollar section at Target. I know a lot of women do this, but I've always held off on buying things because I didn't want them around the house as a reminder (it's that self-preservation at work again). Let's hope they get some use soon, eh?

5 comments: