Here we are at CD1 again. Just as I thought, this one is hard. Even my husband said he wasn't taking it well when I told him. I just started bawling in the bathroom this morning when I felt the cramps coming on. I knew it was the end of the end and it hurt like hell (emotionally and physically). I guess now I get to start the IVF ball a-rolling. I just put in a call to my new (and hopefully improved) coordinator so that we can schedule all of the testing. I have to have a sonohysterogram, trial transfer, viral testing and my husband has to have a semen analysis and viral testing. No day 3 bloodwork or ultrasounds since they have a small library of those in my medical records now. Plan would be to start BCP sometime around the end of March, depending on how my cycle(s) play out.
Let's do this. Go big or go home.
On a side note: I still need to do a post about my most recent anxiety medications and side effects, but I saw my PCP this morning and she put me on a med that I can only take when I'm absolutely certain that I'm NOT pregant, but it is supposed to be a fast-acting drug that I can tkae when I'm feeling really anxious or panicky. I took one when I got home, and I think it's helping...though I feel kind of weird. I read in an online forum that it's kind of like being a little drunk, but without the euphoria that you get from alcohol. So far I'd say that's a pretty accurate description. I mean, this drug is in the same class of drugs as valium...'nuf said, right? We'll see if I'm okay to drive on this stuff or not shortly.
I'm sorry you are back at the oh-so-familiar CD1.
ReplyDeleteI have to say though... after my final failed IUI, when I knew that we were for sure moving on to IVF, I felt a kind of peace. And when I got into the clinical trial and we started moving forward with IVF, I actually felt hopeful for the first time in what seemed like a year.
I hope you experience the same kind of peace (or calm before the storm, ha) and hopefulness that I did.
Wishing the best for you, my friend! <3
I dont want to sound like a "know it all" because I dont know alot of things. My doctor put me on a medication for my panic attacks that would help on the spot and before I knew it, they were very addicting and like you said cant take them while pregnant. I hope you can work through all of this and feel better.
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of you.
unaffected - Thanks. :)
ReplyDeleteToni - You don't sound like a know it all. I appreciate the warning. My doc was really good about warning me about the downsides, and I read a lot about it online too and plan to be very careful with it.