Well, it's official - we're moving on to IVF. Unless of course it turns out that I'm pregnant. I've said it before, I love my RE. She's great about explaining everything, and taking the time to answer questions. We have the option of doing another medicated cycle, but she'd be upping my dose of Follistim to 225IU and recommends doing IUI again. This means even more side effects than I've been having (which I haven't posted about recently and plan to tell you all about soon) and more expense as our insurance wouldn't cover any ultrasounds, blood work or the IUI itself. It just doesn't seem worth it. My clinic has a 60% success rate with IVF for my age group, which is pretty damn good odds I say. We've been scrimping and scrounging and saving and saving like it's going out of style and at this point we have enough saved up for IVF (I feel incredibly lucky to be able to say that). We'd have to wait until late March to get started. The clinic has four series a year for IVF, with lab cleaning and prep in between as well as an evaluation of progress and success of all the IVF patients and protocols. They're very serious about what they do. I like that.
We have to sit down and look at the financing and everything and really think about it and the reality of it all, but I think we're both actually excited about IVF now, whereas 6 months ago we dreaded the thought of it. 60% is a beautiful number...especially when you add to that how slim the chance becomes that I'll have another ectopic. I think I rather like Plan C. (Unless, of course I get pregnant this cycle...)
Sounds like a great plan. 60% is an amazing number compared to iui. That is also awesome that you have been able to save for ivf, it takes a good amount of stress away.
ReplyDeleteI will still hope that you were successful this cyle though :)
Sounds like a good plan!!! 60 percent is great odds, especially when compared to iui.
ReplyDeleteWishing you luck. Those statistics are great!
ReplyDeleteGreat statistics! IVF is an expensive, involved process but it gives the most success! Can't wait to follow your journey!!
ReplyDelete