I did it - I mixed my trigger like a pro! I watched an online how-to video twice, then went upstairs and did it! (Don't you like how proud I get of myself for this stuff?) Thanks for the advice ladies. I hadn't thought about the needle getting dulled and probably would have tried to put the 1/2" needle on before drawing the hcg into the syringe. The nurse at my RE's office gave me ten 1/2" needles though, so I would have had a spare..or nine.
The end result of this cycle was 9 - that's right, 9 days of Follistim injections (150 IU), resulting in a 15mm follie on Leftie, and a 16mm on the right. I guess we can give Leftie the 'Most Improved' trophy this cycle. Apparently my estradiol was starting to drop today, so the RE said I needed to trigger and hopefully the 15mm follie would mature. Hey, it's the best result we've had yet, so I'll take it. The RE also said she was going to have to try something different next cycle...which makes me wonder what else she has up her sleeve other than IVF. I'll find out on Tuesday morning when we go for our appointment. In the meantime, it's time for my husband to get some action rather than Mr. Wand. (I think my husband's starting to get jealous.)
Great report, praying you wont need a new strategy bc this cycle works!!!
ReplyDelete