I had another early morning date this morning. I have a 14mm and a 15mm follie on the right, and the one on Leftie is up to 15mm too! Keep it up Leftie!! I get to stim for two more days then yet another early morning date. I've never stimmed this long before. As long as Leftie is showing signs of life, I'll keep sticking myself. This is the best response I've had from the left side since we started medicated cycles back in August. It's safe to say that I'm starting to get just a little bit hopeful and excited. Not too much though...I don't want to get those hopes up too high.
Oh, on a side note: This month I won't be triggering with Ovidrel, I'll be using the generic hcg instead as my insurance co-pay on the Ovidrel almost doubled. So, I have to mix it... Who else out there has done this? It's not a big deal, right? The scary thing was that the pharmacy only sent me the gigantic 1-1/2" needles! I almost peed my pants when I saw them. I made a very nervous call to my RE's office, and the coordinator assured me it's still a subcutaneous injection and to just ask the nurse for a 1/2" needle next time I was in the office. Whew, was that a relief. I'm such a chicken!
Woohoo - gooooo leftie!! Hoping for really good things for you this cycle! I used the mix them yourself triggers before, no big deal, just follow the directions. My only piece of advice is that when you draw it into the syringe use one needle, then switch to a different needle to inject it because poking it in the bottle dulls the first needle a bit and it's harder to get it through your skin ;)
ReplyDeleteYay! Keep it up leftie! Mixing medications is actually pretty simply. Like Michele said, be sure not to use the same needle to mix and draw up the medication as you use to inject it because it will dull the needle and hurt when you stick yourself. I would use the 1 1/2 inch needle for mixing and drawing up the medication, then switch it out to the 1/2 inch needle that you get from your RE when you're ready to inject it. Good luck!
ReplyDelete