Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Awwwkwaaard...

Well, the good news is, it doesn't look like I have OHSS. The less-than-good news is, I have to monitor my abdominal girth and my liquid intake and output for the next couple of days, just to make sure. 'A' gave me a nice little gigantic plastic dish thing that I put over the toilet seat whenever I use it and it measures how many cc's of pee there are. No, that's not awkward at all (yes, it's totally awkward). No more peeing in public for the next couple of days I guess - I'm not lugging that thing around with me in public. I don't even want to go to work with it! Then I record it all in a pee log, and call her each day to tell her the totals.

On the side effects/symptoms front - I'm starting to get some food cravings. I came home from the RE's and HAD to make hard-boiled eggs. I can't tell you the last time I did that, but I'm dying for one today! I continue to have to pee in the middle of the night (peeing into the dish at 2 am will be fun), and my insomnia is pretty bad. I was up from about 2 or 2:30 to 4:30 or 5 last night, just wide awake. The bloating and heartburn/indigestion are better today, but after the disaster that happened when I tried to eat lunch yesterday, I just snacked the rest of the day and dinner was a small bowl of cereal and some crackers. I think things might be better today because I'm done taking the antibiotic and steroid, which I think were really bothering my stomach. Hormones - the gifts that just keep giving.

As far as testing, of course I plan to test early! I've got 5 of those 88 cent tests and a couple of digis just waiting to be used, and there are always more out there to buy if I run out. I'm going to hold off as long as I can, which usually isn't too terribly long. I will, of course, let you all know when I do test.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you don't appear to have OHSS!! How do you feel, bloat-wise, today? I hope better! Man, I don't blame you for not wanting to lug your pee-seat around with you!

    I can't wait for you to start testing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha nothing like the old toilet hat. We would give people those in the lab and their reactions were always priceless. I'm glad you don't have OHSS though and I hope it stays that way. I'm super excited for your tests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that stinks! I hope you are doing better! I cannot wait for you to start testing! I am dying in anticipation :-D

    ReplyDelete