Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I've officially lost my mind

I must be crazy. We're going ahead with IVF #2 right away. I started BCP yesterday. I start Lupron April 3rd, have my baseline on the 12th, start stims on the 13th, estimated retrieval week of the 22nd. They're upping my dose of Follistim to 300 IU per day, half in the am, half in the pm, so I'm up to 4 injections a day during stims. My RE hopes that upping my dose will get us some frosties without giving me OHSS. If we'd decided to wait, we would have been on hold until June because of the clinic's schedule, and I've just never been good at waiting. We're looking at it with the attitude of the sooner we move forward, the sooner we can reach our goal.

My RE thinks that the chemical was actually a positive step, in that we now know that embryos can implant in my uterus and that we will ultimately be successful. I'm holding up pretty well, considering. I'm mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted, but recovering. The nice weather has definitely helped as I've been able to get outside in the sunshine and fresh air and work in the yard and garden. I'm not as gung-ho about this cycle as I was for #1, but I think it's understandable that I'm a bit gun-shy after that.

I'm still taking time away from the internet for the most part (I've been doing a bit of lurking), but wanted to give you all an update since things are moving forward again.

9 comments:

  1. I definitely agree that the chemical was a positive step in right direction. Knowing that your embryo can implant is half the battle.

    I was a little surprised to see that you jumped right back on the horse but I totally understand you want to get this going. I think if our ivf would have been a little more promising then I would have done the same thing.

    I am thinking of you and of course wishing all good things for you this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear a lot of good things about jumping right back in. I wish you best of luck and I'm happy to hear you're feeling better.

    Ps. So true about the chemical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for this next cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are jumping back in! You are a strong lady!! You can do it! This time it is going to stick! Praying for you!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Meg, you have been in my thoughts! And as crazy as you might think you are, and how scared shitless you might be... I think this is the right decision for you. I know waiting is torturous, so I think moving forward is a a wonderful thing! I will be cheering you on, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Meg, good for you! So glad that you are feeling strong enough to go through this again. And so glad that you don't have to wait months in order to jump back on that train. Will be rooting you on all cycle long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear what you've been going through... my heart goes out to you. I've found every chemical pregnancy so hard to deal with... but it is a good sign of potential implantation and therefore possible future success. Sounds like we might be cycling together... I'm starting stim on April 3 for an April 13th retrieval. Would love for you to join my private blog, if you want... just email me on newyearmum@gmail.com. Thinking of you during this difficult time xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry it didn't work out with your last IVF, but I do think a chemical was a step in the right direction! I was more fertile after I had one and I'm so hopeful that you will conceive your rainbow baby this time around! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you have not skipped a beat between cycles. Waste not a moment and you will be filled with new hope. Good luck

    ReplyDelete