Saturday, March 3, 2012

Not an octo mom.

Fertilization report is in. Of my 8 little eggs, all 8 were given  ICSI (I assume that means they were all mature), but only 3 fertilized and started to grow. I'm caught somewhere between disappointment and devastation. I know, I know, it only takes one. I'm just worried they won't make it to transfer. I'm assuming transfer will happen on Monday - if there are any left by then. I can't imagine that with just three we'll wait until day 5, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Oh hun i'm sorry. Don't excuse your disappointment you have the right to feel that way. Its a lot to go through and then to be let down sucks. I know you will have a few good little buggers to put back. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am hoping that they will be three over achievers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky number 3...grow...grow...grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grow babies, grow!! Hoping for an awesome report on them tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grow lil embies, grow!!! Stalking for tomorrow's update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand your disappointment. BUT...just because only three fertilized does NOT mean they won't grow! I'm sending tons of grow vibes to your embies! Can't wait to hear what tomorrow brings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry. I understand your disappointment. I always want to be one of those ladies who have plenty of embies. But I've heard of people getting pregnant with only one. I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing the best that these three little ones grow. We were in a similar situation (4 fertilized and by day 5 we only had three left) but we were very happy with the three we had and their quality. Keep the hope alive for them. I'm including them in my prayers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry, Meg. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the three embies you have and hope that they grow and look perfect on transfer day!

    ReplyDelete