Friday, March 23, 2012

TGIF? (I can't think of a good title today)

It's day 4 of BCP and I'm already having ill effects. My body is just sooooo sensitive to any medication that contains or affects hormones. I knew this going into IF treatments, but have been taken aback by just how sensitive I am. I never tolerated BCP well in the past (I think I've mentioned that before). I've had insomnia for the past three nights (with really weird dreams last night), and yesterday and this morning I've had some pretty bad nausea. My poor body. It just doesn't know what to do with itself.

It's only been a week since my tests started getting lighter and here I am 4 days into BCP. No wonder my head has been spinning all week! I think I'm finally regaining my balance though, and feeling less overwhelmed about jumping right back in than I was earlier this week. Everyone was telling me they thought it was the right decision - my therapist, my husband, my online friends - but my head just wasn't there yet. I wasn't really ready to make a decision like that when processing/still going through the outcome of our last cycle. But I knew that, so I trusted those around me, and I think they were right.

Oh, on a side note, I think Gum Smacker no longer works at the clinic! (BTW - even my husband calls her that now) Last time that I was in for a blood draw, I noticed that all of her personal photos, calendar, etc were gone and I haven't seen her there the past couple of times I've been in. Hmmm....makes me wonder if maybe some other patients complained? I never got a chance to tell them what she said to me, though she was really nice to me the next couple of times I saw her...interesting. I may never know what happened I guess. Maybe I'll casually ask A about it next time I'm in.


5 comments:

  1. You tell them bcp's that this is the last time you are going to be seeing them around. I hope this surpression period goes by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haaaaaattteeeee being on the Pill too... drives me crazy - moody, irritable, teary - and always feels to ironic when TTC !! Thinking of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a whirlwind this has been for you, but like I said earlier, I'm so glad you're going into another cycle right away. I think your body is ready to be pregnant, and this time for a loooong time. I start BCP on Saturday so I'll just be a few days behind you. Exciting!! Thinking we'll both be happy on Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck, I hope the BCP phase is over asap! I think you are ready. It's going to work! Praying for you.

    Yay for gumsmacker being gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hated the BCPs. They made me incredibly moody and bloated. Add in the Lupron and wow I was a mess. Hang in there. IVF is hard, but I know you are strong.

    ReplyDelete