Sunday, March 4, 2012

Whew! *breathes sigh of relief*

All three embies made it through the night! Whew! Transfer is scheduled for 8:30 am tomorrow! She said they'll go over the grading and everything with us tomorrow before the transfer. I asked, and I shouldn't take any pain meds prior to the transfer. Boo. I got to take a bunch of ibuprofen before the mock transfer... I guess that's why some clinics use Valium. I'm not at one of those clinics though so I get to tough it out. I know it won't be too bad, but I did feel it during the mock transfer and that was on ibuprofen. :/

I meant to mention the post-retrieval drug routine yesterday, but was too wrapped up in things and forgot. In addition to the Crinone each morning, I'm on an antibiotic and a steroid that I take twice a day to prevent infection and to prevent rejection of the embryo(s). The antibiotic has to be taken on an empty stomach, and causes stomach upset and nausea - fun. And the steroid tastes like crap! Even if it barely touches my tongue, I still get this horrible bitter taste in my mouth. My husband can relate as he took the same thing to help with the ASA. I can't take the two pills at the same time because they'll react with each other and cause further stomach upset, and I can't take my prenatals within 1 hour before or 2 hours after the antibiotic, so yeah, the pill-taking schedule is a bit complicated. I still prefer them all to the injections though, hands down. I already had indigestion and a hard time sleeping last night (I typically get both post-O) and had to get up once during the night to pee, which I usually never do, so I guess the progesterone has kicked right in. I'm still pretty bloated, and uncomfortable from the retrieval. Nothing to be concerned with, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get to wear non-bloat clothes again. Actually - hopefully I won't!

8 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you and hoping for a wonderful transfer tomorrow. Good luck@!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay embies!!! Everything will go smooth tomorrow for you. I had absolutely no pain during my transfer...was just like an ultrasound for me. And the valium was just to relax my nerves, no for pain mgmt. I had the same steroid and it was SOOO gross. Hope you don't have to take them much longer. Anxious for your report tomorrow when you will be PUPO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My transfer was painless too. Just holding my pee for all that time was the real challenge! Think dry thoughts! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO excited for you to be PUPO tomorrow!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! Try to eat pineapple if you can tomorrow. Seriously, I have know idea if this works but I've read a few blogs that swear by it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray sweet embabies...way to go! I'm thrilled for you. Tomorrow is such a precious day. GL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for your beautiful embies! I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete