The ongoing story of our quest to become parents after an ectopic pregnancy, a damaged fallopian tube and diagnosis of MFI (due to ASA). We've done 6 medicated cycles and two fresh IVF cycles (the first of which ended in a chemical) and now an FET. How will our story end...?
Friday, March 16, 2012
It's over.
This morning's test was considerably lighter than yesterday's. My gut (which has great instincts when it comes to this kind of thing) is telling me that it's over and it's time for me to start moving on. I'm trying to take some comfort in knowing that it worked, even if just for a few days. My worry, of course, is why didn't it stick? Why did I get my period when taking progesterone? I have a lot of questions about this first IVF that I'd like to ask my RE. She's awesome and always seems to have anticipated what questions I'll have and has all the answers for me. I find her very comforting to talk to, more so than my therapist! Of course, I still have a beta tomorrow morning, and may have to wait until Monday to find out the results. This morning's test was the last one I had, and I'm not sure I want to buy any more. If I do, I'll be buying tests and pads at the same time. Ah, the wonderful effing life of an infertile. This sucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hugs, im so sorry Meg. I hope your re can give you answers.
ReplyDeleteOh Meg I am sorry. You are right in the fact that it did work though. I know that I suffer from really low progesterone and have been told by my clinic a few times that while on it you wont have a period. I did. I hope that you are able to get some answers.
ReplyDeleteOh Meg, I'm so sorry to read this :( My heart is breaking for you, sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteObviously your little embie was trying to implant! I wonder if it could be immune-related at all? I hope not, but it couldn't hurt to see if your doc would be willing to do any immune testing. PM me if you have any questions.
You and your DH are in my thoughts...
I just went through the same thing in December and I am so, so sorry that you are going through this now. Thinking of you ((HUG))
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. Sending you much love and hugs right now.
ReplyDelete<3. Hoping you get the answers you need from your re. I bled in my first ivf and was told that 50% of women bleed. In my second, I didn't so the statistics were true for me. Praying hard that you just have shitty morning pee and that if you do test later today or tomorrow, it will be blazing!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. I hope you get some answers. That's the worse part about this is sometime they just don't know and go by trial and error. Sending you a big hug and hoping for the best.
ReplyDeleteSending you prayers of luck and comfort this weekend. Hoping you get the answers you need asap and can move on either way. Sorry TTC has to be sooo difficult!!
ReplyDeleteOh nooooo! Meg, I'm so so sorry!! :-( I am thinking of you and sending out prayers. I don't know what to say, but big hugs.
ReplyDelete